Feast your eyes on a kaleidoscope of colors at Gibbs Gardens.
Gibbs Gardens is a 300-acre estate garden, with 220 acres of artistically landscaped gardens surrounded by majestic forest, spring-fed ponds, streams, waterfalls and bridge crossings.
Gibbs Gardens, less than an hour from Atlanta, is nestled in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains.
♦ From season to season, you can experience a new dimension of color and contrast, like a natural artist at work with flora and fauna.
The grounds include Japanese Gardens, the largest in the nation; Water Lily Gardens, the nation's largest display of 140 varieties in a natural environment; 20 million daffodils; and Manor House Gardens with seven flowering terraces covering 150 feet change of elevation from the Manor House to the Valley Gardens.
Enjoy the serenity of nature and stroll along the streams with many waterfalls or around the water gardens with 22 reflecting ponds.
Refresh yourself with the beauty and fragrance of thousands of plants, flowers, and millions of bulbs that provide a wide array of color, shape and texture for the 16 garden venues.
Daffodils: 50 acres of daffodils with more than 20 million blooms, blooming from March through mid-April.
Manor House Gardens: Designed to offer color in spring, summer and fall, with lush terraces, waterfalls, sweeping lawns and woodland.
Monet Waterlily Gardens: Features 140 varieties of waterlilies, both tropical and hardy, blooming from late spring through fall. A replica of the bridge in Monet's garden provides a focal point year around.
Japanese Gardens: More than 40 acres with spring-fed ponds, islands, bridges, boulders, rocks and 40 handcrafted Japanese lanterns. A large collection of Japanese maples provide brilliant colors in autumn.
Several unique all-season gardens offer distinctly different garden views and experiences.
- The Fern Dell
- The Gazebo
- Grandchildren’s Sculpture Garden
- The Pleasance
Azalea, rhododendron, rose, crape myrtle, daylily, wildflower, cherry blossom, dogwood and spectacular full color displays bring a changing tableau of color, fragrance and texture to the gardens.
Beauty Beyond Compare
I could go here over and over again. Seeing all the beautiful flowers, water treasures, landscaping and more makes you want to go back over and over. It would be virtually impossible to see everything in one visit and each season brings different delights.
TOURING THE GARDENS
• Manor House Gardens — Allow 1 ½ hours to enjoy seasonal floral displays such as the Daffodil, Azalea, Rhododendron, and Hydrangea Gardens, the Rose Arbor, the Woodland Shade Gardens and Nature Canopy Walk.
The manor house is on a hill requiring a slow a walk up a meandering path. Plan to take frequent stops to rest and enjoy the view.
The Manor House Gardens are not wheelchair or electric scooter accessible due to its natural terrain.
• Valley Gardens — Allow 1 ½ hours to tour the display gardens of the Japanese Gardens, Monet Waterlily Gardens, Grandchildren’s Sculpture Gardens, Rose Gardens, The Fern Dell, The Pleasance and Daylily Gardens.
The paths in the Valley Gardens are easy to traverse; they are level and wide. There are many benches — 126 in the Valley Gardens alone — that provide a comfortable place to sit and rest or just relax and take in the beauty of the gardens.
Daily entrance and annual passes are available.
FOOD & DRINK
• Food is available for purchase in the Arbor Café. It is usually cold sandwiches. They have always been well made and quite delicious.
• No outside food or drinks (except water).
• Picnicking in the Gardens or tailgating in parking areas are not permitted.
• Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted in the gardens & parking lots.
• Pets are not permitted, except certified service dogs.
Restrooms are available at the Welcome Center and at the Cabana/Pool area by the Manor House.
Uber & Lyft
• These transportation companies will transport you to the Gardens, but will usually not return to pick you up.
• There are NO Uber or Lyft drivers that operate in proximity to the Gardens.
• Please ensure that you have confirmed transportation in advance from the Gardens following your visit.